Depo-Testosterone is a medicine used to treat symptoms caused by the lack of natural production of a sex hormone called testosterone. In males, it is used to treat delayed puberty, impotence, and hormonal imbalance. While in females, it is used to treat breast cancer that has spread to other body parts and cannot be treated by surgery.
Depo-testosterone belongs to a class of androgens, a steroid drug. It should not be used to treat low testosterone without a medical condition or due to getting older. This drug should be taken only by the prescription of doctor. In case of misuse, it can cause severe and irreversible harm.
Depo-testosterone can cause adverse effects to your condition if not described to the professional with proper details. Letting your consultant know the slightest details about your previous and present medical state is essential.
- Sleep apnea.
- Prostate cancer.
- High cholesterol.
- Enlarged prostate and urination issues.
- Severe heart, liver, and kidney diseases.
- Depression or anxiety, having suicidal thoughts.
Depo-testosterone is an acute medicine and can cause severe side effects such as:
- Blood coughing and wheezing.
- Difficulty in breathing or sleep apnea.
- Decreased testicle size and sperm production.
- Stomach pain, difficult ejaculation, and constipation.
- Pain and pressure in chest, shoulder, jaw, muscles, and joints.
- Loss of bladder control, difficulty in urinating and increased urination at night.
In females particularly:
- Deepened voice.
- Enlarged clitoris.
- Disturbed menstrual cycle.
- Male hair growth pattern.
The side effects can be as harmful as causing heart stroke or even death.