[e-drug] Another email searcher (cont)

  • Subject: [e-drug] Another email searcher (cont)
  • From: "Perla Mordujovich" <pmordujo@netverk.com.ar>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 19:08:42 -0400 (EDT)

E-drug: Another email searcher (cont)

I wish to highlight that  it could be  dangerous  to use this way of
searching  information. I am attaching a copy of one of the URL which came
to my request in this way, and it belongs to a Pharmaceutical Industry. This
information is clearly publicity of Avandia, which  is the brand name of
rosiglitazone maleate, a drug who must be watched for  liver adverse
effects.  Troglitazone,  a former drug of the same group , has been
withdrawn from several  markets  due to its  hepatic severe adverse
effects.

URL  = "http://www.avandia.com/right_for_you/ut2diabetes/ut2diabetes.jsp";
   Title = "type 2 diabetes at Avandia.com"
   Snippet = " ... overweight, although the rate of type 2 ... Risk factors:
Immediate family member with type 1 diabetes; ... Treatment: Diet and
exercise; Many people also need oral ...  "

Dr Perla M Buschiazzo
Professor of Pharmacology
School of Pharmacology
National University of La Plata

[Thank you very much for this information. It does highlight the need
for us to be alert and discerning with the information we access.
Obviously the site does not adjust in the light of current
information.  BS]
--
To send a message to E-Drug, write to: e-drug@usa.healthnet.org