[e-drug] Prices (cont)

  • Subject: [e-drug] Prices (cont)
  • From: "Akhlaghi,Laila" <Lakhlaghi@msh.org>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 21:29:54 -0400 (EDT)

E-drug: Prices (cont)

Liudas,

I have some information on United States legislated US Federal
calculated prices. The actual prices can not be shared by the
government, but their method of calculation may be. Is this information
of interest to you? If so, please send me your fax number.

Also the only non-proprietary information I can think of that is
available on US prices is the Average wholesale price, but it doesn't
represent any price actually paid by any pharmaceutical purchaser.
States use this price to reimburse pharmacies for the Medicaid program
(indigent health care), but many states are looking into changing this
reimbursement method as well.

Laila A. Akhlaghi, PharmD, MPA
Senior Program Associate
Centre for Pharmaceutical Management