[e-drug] Re: Massachusetts moves to curb drug vendors (cont)

  • Subject: [e-drug] Re: Massachusetts moves to curb drug vendors (cont)
  • From: Mary Ojoo <mojoo@gerties.org>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 10:22:54 -0400 (EDT)

E-drug: Re: Massachusetts moves to curb drug vendors (cont)

[The message to which Atieno responds was posted 2 August. Check archives.
KM]

I have already instituted such measures in our hospital in the year 2000
with the help and support of The Drugs and Therapeutics Committee and the
hospital management. I will be willing to share details with any one who is
interested and maybe compare notes. The bottomline is that even in
developing countries, it is possible to institute some useful controls and
do away with the myths that Sales and Medical representatives have access to
info that Doctors/prescribers need and maynot have easy access to.

Dr Atieno Ojoo
Gertrude's Garden Children's Hospital
P O Box 42325-00100
GPO, Nairobi