[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[e-drug] Vacancy: UNICEF Chief, Immunization Centre Copenhagen
- From: "Linda Jandrup" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 17:11:02 +0100
E-DRUG: Vacancy: UNICEF Chief, Immunization Centre Copenhagen
MAKE A LASTING DIFFERENCE FOR CHILDREN
CHIEF, IMMUNIZATION CENTRE P-5
UNICEF SUPPLY DIVISION, Copenhagen, Denmark
If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a
lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights
organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world's leading organization working for the rights of
children, seeks a Chief, Immunization Centre, for our Supply Division,
based in Copenhagen, Denmark. The successful applicant will lead the
Immunization Team at Supply Division of approximately 25 staff and will be
responsible for directing the activities for the wide range of services and
procurement conducted to ensure that the appropriate products for UNICEF
assisted programmes in immunization are identified, procured, and adequate
sources are developed. The estimated procurement value for the Centre is
$550,000,000 per annum.
The duties include:
- Planning, directing and coordinating advisory services on supply matters
in the area of immunization, in support of UNICEF Country Programmes and
in collaboration with Programme Division, WHO, other agencies, NGOs and
- Ensuring procurement is conducted in compliance with U.N. Financial
Rules and Regulations, Division Procedures, Vaccine Procurement
Principles and in support of Vaccine Security.
- Supporting country programmes on supply policy issues relevant to
immunization and helping develop supply analysis and strategies of
country programmes. Recommending policy changes related to supply and
- In collaboration with UNICEF Regional offices assuring high quality
supply by establishing priorities and evaluation of services provided in
the context of regional supply strategies.
- Setting policy procedures and guidelines in close collaboration with
Centre Chiefs, for evaluation of offers, contracts, agreements, and for
ensuring that the objectives of vaccine security are met.
- Participating in major strategic meetings with Programme Division, WHO
and GAVI on global supply policy issues to ensure the objectives of
Vaccine Security are met.
- Representing UNICEF at major meetings and conferences in relation to
immunization, relating to strategies and policy development for the
supply of appropriate products and services and procurement.
- Guiding market research, ensuring adequate long-term forecasting and
facilitating communication of such to and from programmes, industry and
- Supervising a team of specialists and assistants, setting goals and
directions for the work of the Team. Overall management of the Centre,
including budget steward responsibility for GAVI and other program
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies:
- Advanced university degree in Business/Management or other related
social sciences disciplines.
- Minimum ten years in health programmes with knowledge of products
required for immunization programmes and of worldwide markets.
- Senior experience in public procurement.
- Proven management experience of prime importance.
- Leadership and managerial skills
- Ability to make appropriate and at times quick, decisions on complex
- Good interpersonal skills to ensure effective working relationship with
colleagues and partners.
- Problem solving oriented.
- Creative and innovative and able to meet changing environment
- High level of analytical and negotiating skills.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and manage multiple activities and adjust to
- Ability of articulate and conceptualise ideas and influence trends and
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious
and effective working relationships.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of another UN language preferred.
UNICEF's salary and benefits package is based on the United Nations Common
System. For further information on the UN Common System salaries and
benefits, please visit the United Nations Web site at www.un.org/Depts/OHRM
Applications from female candidates are especially welcome.
Please send detailed resume and completed United Nations Personal History Form, in English, quoting VN-09-18637E to: Chief, Human Resources:
email@example.com. The UN Personal History form can be found at the
following web address: http://www.unicef.org/supply/index_employment.html
Applications for this position must be received by 26 January 09.
Acknowledgements will be sent only to shortlisted candidates.
Visit us at www.unicef.org
UNICEF is a smoke-free environment