[e-drug] Philippines Generics law (cont'd)

  • From: Irfan Michael Roy <imderoy@super.net.pk>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 07:46:52 -0500 (EST)

E-drug: Philippines Generics law (cont'd)

I am wondering whether anyone has worked out the cost of process
validation, analytical validation, stability testing and meeting CGMP
guidelines in drug pricing.

Having worked for both multinationals and local firms, one of the
differences I have noticed is that a large number of companies who
are engaged in production of generic brands in order to keep their
prices low cannot afford or want to do the above.

Are cheaper branded generics without proper validation and stability
studies cheap or expensive?

Yours sincerely,

Dr Irfan Michael Roy PhD
Manager Product Development